- 8 Eggs, divide
- 3 Cups Water, divided.
- 3 Cups all-purpose Flour, divided
- 1 ½ Teaspoons Salt, divided.
- Combine four eggs, one ½ cups of water, one ½ cups of all-purpose flour and 3/4 teaspoon of salt in your blender container. Blend until mixture is smooth. Pour the blended mixture into a large bowl.
- Repeat using the remaining ingredients. Add the new mixture to the bowl and stir together.
Manicotti Shells Preparation
- Lightly oil a frying pan and then heat the pan for about a minute over medium high heat.
- Spoon approximately two or three tablespoons of batter into the middle of the hot fry pan.
- Quickly and carefully tilt the pan in a circular motion until the batter forms a round, thin layer in the pan.(Similar to crepes.)
- Cook about 1 or 2 minutes until the shell surface appears dry.
- Carefully turn the manicotti shell over using a spatula, and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Repeat process to make approximately 20 shells.
- Stack cooked shells on plate between waxed paper for use later.
- Ricotta Cheese Filling
- 3 pounds Ricotta Cheese
- 3 Eggs
- 1 pound shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- ½ Cup finely chopped Parsley.
- Combine ingredients in a bowl and stir until well mixed.
- Spoon about 2 or 3 Tablespoons into the center of a manicotti shell and roll. (Like a large sushi roll)
- Lightly grease the bottom of a shallow casserole dish or pan. Spoon your favorite tomato sauce into the bottom of the pan to cover.
- Arrange manicotti in the pan and lightly cover with additional tomato sauce.
- Sprinkle with grated Parmigiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake 25 to 30 minutes until bubbly.
- You may find it best to make these a day ahead and let them sit, covered, in the refrigerator before baking.
- You can go ahead and cook them right away but they will be firmer if you wait.
- Serve 2 to 3 per person on flat plate add a little more sauce sprinkle of Parmigiano and fresh basil.
Manicotti can be made using many other fillings, like cooked, chopped meat or shredded chicken, vegetables mixed in with the cheese.